Call for Tutorials
ICWE 2010 invites proposals for tutorials that will provide conference participants
with the opportunity to gain knowledge and insights in a broad range of web
engineering areas. Participants at the tutorials include scientists
and practitioners, who are seeking to gain a better understanding of the technologies,
methodologies, tools, and techniques used to develop and maintain Web-based
Proposed tutorials can be either half-day long (3 hours) or full-day long (6 hours).
Tutorial proposals should address issues related to the topics of the conference.
Topics not mentioned in the topics of interest list are also encouraged as long
as they are of special relevance to ICWE 2010.
Presenters should make the slides available to the ICWE 2010 participants,
both in hardcopy form and online.
Tutorial presenters will receive an honorarium depending on the number of attendees
and one free registration for ICWE 2010.
The precise amount of the honorarium will be determined after the early registration
deadline. This amount is per tutorial, not per speaker. Travel and accommodation arrangements are up
to the speakers.
Tutorials that have less than 8 early registrants will face the risk of
Tutorial proposals must clearly identify the intended audience and its assumed
background. Proposals must be no more than 3 pages and must provide a sense of
both the scope of the tutorial and depth within the scope. The intended length
of the tutorial (3 or 6 hours) should also be indicated, together with justification
that a high-quality presentation will be achieved within the chosen time frame.
Proposals should also include contact information and a brief bio of the presenters.
If the proposed tutorial has been given previously, the proposal should include an indication thereof.
- Extension: 3 pages.
- Format: The proposal should be submitted in PDF and
cover the following points:
- Tutorial title.
- Tutorial abstract: 1-2 paragraphs describing the goals and contents of the tutorial, will be included in the conference registration
- Intended Length: half-day (3 hours) or full-day (6 hours).
- Description of the tutorial providing its scope (general topic area)
and depth, as well as its aims and learning outcomes.
- Intended audience and assumed background knowledge.
- Presenter(s) contact information: name, affiliation, email, mailing address, phone, fax.
- Presenter(s) short biography demonstrating that she/he is an expert
on the subject of the tutorial, will be included in the conference
- Relevant references.
- Indication if the proposed tutorial has been given previously.
- Submission place: Presenter(s) can use the ICWE 2010 Submission site at
EasyChair for the submission of their
proposals. Tutorial proposals are submitted to the dedicated TUTORIALS
- Submission deadline: February 14, 2010 (23:59 Hawaii Time)
- Notification of acceptance: tba
- Camera-ready version: tba
- Jaime Gomez, Uni Alicante, Spain
- Daniel Schwabe, PUC-RIO, Brazil
In case of inquiries, please contact the tutorial chairs at:
tutorials [at] icwe2010.webengineering.org